- Weed survey and distribution assessment. This includes provision
of data in GIS-ready format with associated database records.
- Developing strategic and operational plans for weed control.
- Establishing monitoring programmes for problem weeds.
- Animal control plans – to give a sound strategic and operational
basis for controlling animal pests such as possums and goats.
- Monitoring and review of animal and weed control programmes.
- Oversight of weed and pest control as part of restoration projects.
Previous projects include:
- Review of possum control strategies and operational methods used in local authority reserve areas.
- Survey of weed distribution on major reserve boundaries, and identification of key weed threats.
- Surveillance of weed and animal pest threats in a sample of natural areas in the Manawatu – Whanganui Region.
- Weed survey and control plans for local authority reserves around the Wellington and Manawatu regions.